Are you worried about your teeth health? Do you know a Tooth Crown is an excellent choice to enhance oral health, including chewing and speech functionality?
Yes, you heard us right!
Tooth Crowns are a great choice that protects your natural teeth from multiple dental concerns, from restoring proper speech functionality to protecting broken, decayed or weak teeth. These crowns are used to cover root canal treatments or dental implants.
If you’re experiencing pain in your gums or tooth, want to restore a broken tooth or other things; a Tooth Crown is an excellent choice.
In this article, we will talk about Dental Crowns in detail. Also, we will discuss how Tooth Crowns can improve chewing and speech functionality. So, let’s get started!
What is a Tooth Crown and its Types?
Looks similar to an actual tooth; a Tooth Crown is fixed over a decaying or damaged tooth which acts as a protection layer for the healthy part of the tooth. A dentist is responsible for fitting the crown to prevent any further damage.
These Tooth Crowns are typically custom-made with materials like resin, metal and porcelain to fit perfectly on your tooth without discomfort. A specialized dental adhesive is used to complete the fixing procedure. With the right care, Tooth Crowns can last from 5 to 15 years.
There are different types of Tooth Crowns referred by dentists. Your health expert will choose from a variety of options based on your unique oral needs or your preferences. The common types of Tooth Crowns are:
- Metal crowns: Metals like gold, palladium, nickel and chromium are used to make metal crowns. They are long-lasting and rarely chip off.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns: PFM crowns are a combination of metal and porcelain, which looks natural and can be custom-made as your teeth color.
- Pressed ceramic crowns: Similar to PFE, pressed ceramic crowns have a strong ceramic core.
- All-ceramic or porcelain crowns: Looks like real teeth; all-ceramic or porcelain crowns are the most preferred, highly durable ones.
- Same-day Tooth Crowns: As the name suggests, you can get them on the same day; hence they are a great option if you’re on the go!
- All-resin crowns: A more affordable option than all, All-resin crowns are made using resins which are more likely to break as they are fragile.
When is a Tooth Crown Required?
Remember, not everyone requires a Dental Crown. It is mostly recommended in cases where it is an absolute necessity. Here are certain conditions in which a Dental Crown is mostly recommended:
- Protecting and supporting a cracked tooth
- Strengthening a weak tooth
- To hold a dental bridge at the right place
- Restoring a worn-out tooth
- After Composite Bonding treatment
- To cover a discolored or heavily stained tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover a root canal
Besides these, you can also use a Tooth Crown in case of an accident or a half-broken tooth. Also, if you’re not happy with your original set of teeth, a Tooth Crown is a possible option.
List the Benefits of Tooth Crown
Here are the top benefits of considering a Tooth Crown:
- Protect your original teeth from wearing or tearing.
- Enhances your overall appearance, especially your smile.
- Improves chewing and speech functionality.
- Treat broken, worn-out or decayed teeth which require quick fixes.
- If taken care of well, they last for five to fifteen years.
- Tooth Crowns restore the tooth structure.
- Tooth Crowns minimize pain caused due to decay, fractures or cracks.
- Getting a Dental Crown is a straightforward and pocket-friendly option.
- Dental Crowns are resistant to tints, discoloration or stains.
Five Ways a Tooth Crown helps in Improving your Chewing and Speech Functionality
Here are the top 5 ways a Tooth Crown can improve your chewing and speech functionality:
1. Protects the teeth from future damage
Are you suffering from damaged and decayed teeth? It’s not the best thing to experience! Therefore, a Dental Crown is an exceptional solution that perfectly covers your damaged tooth and ensures it is well-protected for the longest time possible.
In cases like root canal treatment or decayed teeth, dentists suggest dental crowning as the left-out tooth structure is too fragile to handle any chewing or speech functionality. As a result, a dental crown improves these activities.
2. Even the distribution of the pressure
As soon as a customized dental crown is made and fitted over your teeth, it evenly distributes the entire pressure or force applied during speaking or chewing on all other teeth as well.
This makes sure that there is no excessive pressure on only a single tooth resulting in lesser chances of sensitivity and pain while chewing or biting. Additionally, it maintains the overall health of your teeth.
3. Promotes smoother chewing
Do you know well-countered teeth mean a smoother chewing experience? Yes, if your Tooth Crown has a smoother surface and is well-designed, it promotes better chewing. This breaks down food into tiny pieces, ensuring it is easier for you to eat and digest. Above all, the pressure on the teeth is nearly non-existent.
4. Clearer speech and pronunciation
If you have damaged teeth, you might be experiencing pronunciation or speaking issues. This might affect your mental being and confidence in the long run. Hence, taking corrective measures is significant. Tooth Crowns are great for restoring the teeth’ actual shape, leading to improved speech and cleaner pronunciation.
5. Improving bite alignment
People do experience bite issues when the upper and lower set of teeth do not fit well together. In such conditions, Tooth Crowns are recommended, which enhance chewing ability as it breaks down food into smaller pieces more easily and precisely.
How should you Protect your Tooth Crowns?
Maintaining the good health of your dental crowns is an absolute necessity. Here is how you can protect it:
- Use soft-bristled toothbrushes only.
- Make a ritual of brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Use floss every day to kick out all germs and bacteria.
- Use antibacterial mouthwashes to avoid bacteria leading to tooth decay or plaque.
- Do not rely on extremely hard, chewy or crunchy food items.
- Go for dental checkups and cleaning sessions at regular intervals.
The rise in dental problems has boosted the significance of Tooth Crowns. They are an excellent option for restoring cracked, damaged, decayed and worn-out teeth. These are a great choice that gives a boost of self-confidence. If you’re experiencing any dental problems like invisalign, Invisalign Cost Manchester is quite pocket friendly which means your treatment can be affordable.